Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Update

So, ok. I haven't posted in forever!! So sue me!! Anyway, I am hoping to get the hang of this blog thing one of these days. But, today is probably not that day. :)

As for an update, I have switched to working just 2 days, or nights a week. I am now on graveyards which is so much harder now that the sun is shinning and the weather is nice. I would rather be outside during the day instead of sleeping or trying to convince my body that we really should be up doing something. I have been able to get a lot of sewing and quilting done while the family is sleeping and I am up cause I can't sleep. So, that is a good thing. I finished Delaney's baptism dress and will get pics posted as soon as I can find the time to download them off my camera. I am also considering getting a long arm quilting machine so that I don't have to try to squeeze my quilts thru my little machine, because if I had to quilt by hand, it would never happen.

The kids are also loving the weather and are excited that they have less than 2 weeks of school!! It has gone by so fast! They want to go to the pool everyday when they get home. Unfortunately, life keeps getting in the way and we have yet to make it to the community pool so far this season. But, I have promised the kids that I would take them later this week.

In other news, Makhenna has an appt with the eye doctor later this week. We were driving along and I saw a funny license plate that I pointed out to her, she couldn't read it and it was plain as day to me. Then later, she couldn't tell what time it was when asked until she was just a few feet from the large oven clock. So, off to get her eyes checked she goes. She actually seems excited to get new glasses.

Also, Jaden will be working for the Boy Scouts this summer. His first job!! I can't believe that he is growing up so fast! It will be hard work for him, but I think it will be a great experience. I will have to make sure that he takes a camera to document the fun. :)

Hopefully, more updates to come......

1 comment:

Jer and Kylie said...

It's fun to see you blogging.It was fun to hang out for a little bit last week.It will be nice to live close again soon.